Thursday, November 6, 2008

What did you have for lunch today?

I've been thinking about a post like this for a while, as strange as that sounds. I'm always trying to come up with new things to feed Mikey for lunch and even Pre-Mikey when I was working, I got tired of buying or bringing the same things. So I am tagging anyone who reads this to either comment with an idea or post on your blog something yummy you made using what's already in your kitchen. I am no cook but I was pretty happy with today's lunch. Its always nice to make something both Mikey and I can eat together.


Macaroni Salad (Sorry, I don't measure)

cooked Macaroni Salad Noodles (perfect for little fingers)
two celery stalks (chopped really small in my case)
1 carrot chopped up tiny
cubed cheddar cheese
1 can tuna drained
couple tablespoons miracle whip
dash of olive oil
dash of red wine vinegar
dash of seasoning salt
dash of garlic salt

Here is Mikey with the leftovers.

3 comments:

Jake and Jenny said...

Rachel, I posted on my blog. It is not much help. I love the picture of Mikey. Boys, are so fun and have good appetites!

Amy said...

Glad you guys had fun on Halloween, Spencer still loves to pick up rocks, He has a collection in the backyard of his favorites. That salad recipe sounds good. Brigham likes black beans, and Aubrey likes them with cheese melted on top. How about grilled cheese sandwiches? Aubrey loves "parmesan noodles" and "cheesy noodles"... very easy to make, cook pasta and put cheese on top : )

Dewey and Liz said...

Rachel, I know exactly what you mean. We usually do PB&J's for lunch and change the variety of fruits and veggies, but it does get old. Lately, since Dewey has been working late, I have been getting tired of doing both lunch and dinner! Especially when there is no one there to appreciate the food. Each of my children like different things so as long as I rotate potatoes, noodles, and rice regularly, they get some nutrition. Well thankfully they all eat their fruits and veggies without complaint.