Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Josh

Josh turned 30 today so here are 30 things about Josh...

1. He will hate this post. He wanted no attention on his birthday so if you read this just chuckle to yourself and then pretend you never saw it.

2. Josh is really good with babies. When I hold newborns they usually cry, when Josh holds them they go to sleep.

3. Josh's favorite cereals are Captain Crunch Berries and Honey Nut Cheerios. Honorable mentions go to Frosted Mini Wheats and Lucky Charms.

4. Josh is really good at tucking me in so I'm not cold at night. This is to make up for stealing my favorite blanket that I used to sleep with.

5. Josh won't eat spicy foods. Anything slightly above ketchup level is spicy.

6. Josh hates to wear his seat belt, but he'll put it on if I insist.

7. Josh loves Chicken Parmesan and Chicken Alfredo. He's excited about the new Olive Garden going up near us.

8. Josh is a news junkie, especially if its about politics.

9. Josh is really good with directions, but that hasn't stopped him from playing with his new toy - a Garmin Nuvi GPS thingy.

10. Josh used to be what I call a startler. Really hard to wake up with no transition between asleep and awake. He would practically jump out of the bed like a provoked tiger. Thankfully parenthood and work phone calls have robbed him of that fun habit.

11. Favorite late night snack - Oreos and a glass of milk for dunking.

12. Ironing - Josh's job, and without complaint!

13. Most generous guy I know.

14. Never saw a Simpson's episode he didn't like (although everyone agrees the movie was terrible).

15. Josh loves Pride and Prejudice but draws the line at my other literary girly passions like Wives and Daughters or Anne of Green Gables.

16. Josh just walked in and almost caught me writing this. He really wants to know what I'm posting about, but he agreed to wait till I'm done.

17. Josh introduced me to Harry Potter. If we could find a non-weird, not getting beat up on the playground name from the books we would name our child with it. Maybe someday we'll have a Longbottom John.

18. I made Josh a Dumbledore's Army shirt and he wore it until the iron-ons started coming off.

19. Josh now thinks he's old. He's said that alot today.

20. Thanks to Blair, I can't get Josh to stop showing me videos from Failblog.

21. Josh loves Dr. Pepper more than me. I don't care what he says, its true.

22. Josh doesn't like peanut butter or spaghetti. These are two of my favorite foods in the whole world. (But not together.)

23. Josh leaves me fun notes. And he writes in all caps.

24. Josh thinks I ignored him at college, but really he just needed to stop dating all my friends.

25. Josh complimented me on my hair clips when I was having a bad-hair pony-tail day. That's when I knew for sure that he liked me.

26. Josh used to drive from Thatcher to Mesa to see me on the weekends without sleep.

27. Josh thinks Mikey is the cutest, handsomest, smartest, funniest boy in the whole world.

28. When Josh gets together with his friends from high school, its like they are 16 again (or is it 6?).

29. Josh makes me laugh.

30. Josh and I have been married for almost 7 years. He's my guy!

5 comments:

Supercords said...

Hey Switt,

I just read your list out loud to mom and dad. They liked it too and feel bad for not reading and posting more blogs. They blame the fruit.

Love Shane

The Karafa Family said...

Happy Birthday Josh! Can you believe our guys are turning 30 this year? Old men! Josh is such a great friend to Blair and I appreciate the wonderful man that he is! Hope it was a great day!

Jake and Jenny said...

We love you Josh! Happy Birthday! It really was a crazy weekend for you guys! Thanks for being so great!

Brooke Jenkins said...

Happy Birthday to Josh! I am so glad you posted this. I hope it is worth whatever flack you get from him. I love it. It has been so great to get to know you both. And a special thanks to Josh to tolerating my "spicy" food.

Christine Hanes said...

Happy Birthday Josh! I'm so glad you guys are starting to turn 30...I feel so old sometimes. Loved the list Rachel!