Thursday, September 18, 2008

$5.00 Walmart Special

Since "summer" is technically over, but its still blazing hot outside, Mikey and I decided to go check out Walmart and see if they had any water toys on clearance. Sure enough, we found this frog pool for $5. It seemed like a steal until I realized the work involved. It took me most of Mikey's nap time to inflate it using a bicycle pump.




But Mikey was really excited by the "surprise" when he woke up from his nap.










What big eyes you have!












I think its suppose to spray into the pool, but this works too.

6 comments:

Van Cott Family said...

Thats awesome, hey when did you get grass in your backyard? When your done with the pool part you can bring it inside and fill it with toys or they sell big sacks of balls usually and have your own little ball pit! I might go look to see if our wal mart has one for $5! (while your at it check out the clearance swim shorts so Josh won't be embarrassed anymore! :) not that there is anything wrong with the ones he has in my opinion!)
--Julie

Darice said...

That pool looks awesome!! $5 what a steal!

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Sweet deal! :)

Supercords said...

That smile from mikey made all your hard work worth it.

Katy said...

Okay-I found you guys through blog-hopping! (From Chelsea Walker to Joel/Shauna to you guys!)

You may not remember me from EAC (Katy Shill back then - I lived on campus), though I kind of remember you, but our husbands both served in Peru at the same time and also went to EAC.
Anyway, your family is darling and just wanted to pop in and say hi to a fellow EA alumni and if Josh remembers us, tell him 'hi' from us!
Take care!

Rachel John said...

Katy - I do remember you and so does Josh. We had Spanish together. Thanks for saying hi!