We flew into Oahu around noon and tried to find our hotel and drop off our luggage so we could make it to Pearl Harbor before it closed. After driving in circles and yelling at each other, I looked up and we were across the street from our hotel. The rest of the day went much better.I never realized the monument was actually on top of the sunken USS Arizona. It is considered a military memorial and grave site.

Inside the monument

Oil still comes up to the surface of the water.

Part of the ship.
You can see the whole thing from the sides of the monument. Very sad and very interesting experience. Anyone going to Oahu should see this.

On the ferry going back.
I wanted a picture of the sailor's white pants and shiny black shoes.

Our shoes.
Across the street from Pearl Harbor were more military museums. This is one plaque that caught my eye. A circular memorial recorded all the submarines lost at sea and what they know about them. Here is one submarine's story...



I will post more tomorrow. (Including some pictures of us!)
No comments:
Post a Comment