no pics - but I thought I'd give an update on our day - Went and got Zach in the morning. His foster parents sure love him - it was a hard day for them. We took some pictures of the three of them (parents teary) and I sang "Itsy Bitsy Spider" so Zach would look at the camera and smile. I stopped at McDonalds on the way back through town - Zach asked for fries but the meal time Nazi's at McD's wouldn't do it 5 minutes early. Love that. I got him a biscuit instead, he loved it and shared a lot of it with his carseat.
Besides a few toy battles and a stealthy ripping open of a few presents under the tree, (those will be hidden till Christmas) - our day went pretty well. I'm learning how to hold two boys on one lap - I just love that they both want to cuddle - And I'm trying to practice patience - pray for me! Bath time was interesting and fun. Zach asked for a bath almost as soon as we got here. He's used to a quick bath by himself without toys. He had two baths with Mikey last weekend and you'd think we took him to Disney land. I told the boys no pee or poop in the bath and they followed the rules - a little too well. I got Mikey in a towel first and sent him out of the bathroom. Within 30 seconds he came back to tell me he peed on the rug. I stood him on the step stool to try and finish in the potty and Zach immediately started going on the floor next to the potty. So I got Mikey down and put Zach up and Zach actually finished in the potty. He was pretty proud of himself. That's a first for him. With the transition coming his foster parents didn't potty train him. Anyway, so I cleaned up what I hope (but doubt) will be the only double potty training mess. Apologies to those without toddlers - I hope I didn't gross anyone out.
Boys are asleep now. House is...cleaner than before I put them to bed. Josh had to work late - Ha! He gets them in the morning for sure.
7 comments:
You're doing Great Rach, be glad is was only pee : )
Loved hearing about your day!
I saw Josh yesterday and told him welcome to my life... two little boys so close in age. You will love it. Some days will have you in tears but the happy days will make up for it ten-fold. I am so excited for you guys!
That rocks! and I thought I had it bad having to start training Isaac!
--Julie :)
I love all the details! It makes me feel better as Tessa pooped on the bathroom floor today right after her shower, I have to be quicker with the diaper! I am so excited to meet Zach!
Hi Rachel! I stumbled across your blog! I just wanted to say congrats on Zach! You are such a great mommy!
Congratulations to your family on the new addition. You and Josh make wonderful parents! I can really see that!
I am so glad I came across your blog today! Congratulations on another cute boy!
Post a Comment