

My sister-in-law Tara told me about this
park a long time ago, but because of the distance, I had never checked it out until now. Mikey and I were getting a little stir-crazy in the house and it happened to be a little overcast so I figured it might be the last day to go before summer when it would be too hot (We went about two weeks ago).

This place did not disappoint. Despite being around Indian Bend and Scottsdale Rd, it only took me about a half-hour in mid-day traffic. It is really well kept. Huge trees, picnic tables, some great playgrounds, ice cream shop, etc. In the office you buy tickets for the carousel and train. 12 for $10. That was plenty for the two of us. The carousel is one ticket and the train is two tickets. Kids under 3 ride free. So we went on the train 4 times, the carousel 3 times and went to their little museum with our last ticket.


The train ride is about 10 minutes long and goes through the entire park. There are jackrabbits, quail, and squirrels everywhere and Mikey's favorite part is the tunnel at the end.

The snack shop was great too, and not overpriced. I could barely get Mikey to eat though, because he was so busy playing with their Thomas the Train table. We ended the day staring through the windows of their hobby classrooms. All the middle-aged Train nerds...ahem enthusiasts...sit inside and play with their train collections. I have to admit, they were awesome, and Mikey was pretty ticked that he couldn't touch. He crashed out on the way home. It was great! So anyone up for meeting there in the fall?
4 comments:
I love this place! The kids and I have gone there a lot. So next time we visit and there is cool weather, we would love to go with you. They have the train open during Christmastime too. Someone told us it is really neat with all these lights put up. We've talked of going there for the lights, but we've never gone then yet. Maybe this year : )
We would love to go in the fall! Let us know when you would want to go again and we will see when we are going to be down there and plan accordingly.:) That would be a lot of fun!
That is a fun park! We would love to go sometime! Glad it was a fun day!
I love your blogs. You kids do so much with pictures. Thanks for letting us see Michael as he grows. Love Dad.
Post a Comment