Occasional posts about me (Rachel), my husband Josh, and our adorable kids Zach, Mikey, and Graham (I'm not biased or anything).
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Health Insurance
End of the year at work means time to choose a health insurance plan for the next year. U-Haul is offering a Health Care Savings Account (HSA) as one option and I'm considering it, although the deductible is higher. It basically works like an IRA where the government lets you contribute so much per year tax free, and work throws in some money and it grows in mutual funds or stocks or whatever. You get a debit card and checks to use for medical expenses and when you leave the company, you take the account with you. If anyone knows anything about these, let me know. I'm pretty sure they will catch on as the new way to use Health Insurance unless Hillary wins and axes the whole thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment